Laser hair removal treatments have been becoming more popular and we had seen so much of advancement since they first came on the market. With the latest technology advancement in laser hair removal, we expect to see smoother, cooler, faster and pain-free treatments.
Having said all the above, it is still very important to make sure you are ready for your laser hair removal treatment.
- At least 4 weeks before your first treatment, you should stop waxing, plucking, etc. and shaving should be your only option during this preparation time. Other methods pull the hair follicle from the root and the laser will be unable to pick up those follicles, therefore making your treatments less effective.
- Sun should be avoided in the treated area at least 2 weeks prior to your appointment. Sun exposure can increase the risk of burning and pigmentation issues.
- You should always shave the treated area the day before you appointment. The laser can still pick up the follicle because the root is not pulled out with shaving. Hair that is not shaved can cause a very painful treatment.
- Antibiotics must be stopped 14 days before your treatment, as they make your skin sensitive to light.
- Avoid using any lotions, creams, deodorants, etc. on the day of your appointment.
- Avoid exercise for 24 hours after your treatment, as sweating can cause irritation.
- Sun exposure should be avoided at last 2 weeks after your treatment.
- Make sure to schedule a follow-up visit in 4-6 weeks, depending on your doctor’s recommendation. Consistency is key when doing laser treatments.
- If you ever have any abnormal reactions to the laser such as burns, blisters, or white or dark spots, contact us immediately for recommendations.