There are a variety of urinary incontinence treatments that are completely non-invasive, safe and FDA-approved. Women who suffer from urinary incontinence will often worry about day-to-day activities as even coughing, sneezing or laughing can cause a slip-up or create fear of an accident. This anxiety can cause some women to stay home and avoid socializing due to fear of public embarrassment.
And while this is a problem that is treatable in up to 80% of cases, women still don’t discuss this with their GP right away due to shame. Usually, women will seek help after experiencing a significantly embarrassing moment that inspires them to find a solution from their healthcare practitioner.
While there is a simple surgical procedure that can fix stress urinary incontinence (SUI), there is also a range of non-invasive and non-surgical procedures that can significantly improve the problem.
One of the most popular and widespread methods of strengthening the pelvic floor to treat SUI is doing Kegel exercises.
Here’s how men and women can do them:
- For women, pretend you are trying to avoid passing gas or tightening your vagina around a tampon.
- For men, pretend you are trying to avoid passing gas or stopping your urine stream while urinating.
Here’s how to do Kegels:
- Sit or lie down comfortably
- Contract your pelvic floor muscles for 3-5 seconds
- Relax for 3-5 seconds
- Repeat this cycle 10 times, 3 times per day
Here are the different methods for Kegels:
- Kegel equipment specially designed for this purpose, like these smartballs from Fun Factory
- A more comprehensive list from NYMAG
BTL Emsella Chair at Arion Skin Laser
The BTL Emsella Chair is a treatment we offer at Arion Skin Laser that’s perfect for women of any age who have lost control over urination, or simply want to increase their levels of intimate pleasure. The Emsella Chair effectively stimulates the pelvic floor muscles using high-intensity focused electromagnetic technology (HIFEM). In one single session, you can expect to have thousands of contractions. This treatment is similar but different from traditional Kegel exercises that you do at home as in this case, the Emsella Chair does the exercises for you.
- Each session is 30-minutes
- It’s done comfortably clothed while you are reading a book or using your phone
- Treats the entire pelvic floor area
- Helps with involuntary control over urination or defecation
- Builds elastin, collagen and muscle control
- 95% of patients report significant improvement
- 1000s of contractions per session
If you’re struggling with SUI and would like to try these safe, non-invasive urinary incontinence treatments, please get in touch with us for a consultation regarding the Emsella Chair. We would love to help you get on the path to a more confident, empowered and happier life.