If you are considering taking the plunge and getting laser hair removal Vancouver, it’s beneficial to do your research beforehand. There are so many methods of hair removal out there from waxing, depilatory creams and shaving, to epilating, threading and tweezing and each have their upsides and downsides just like laser hair removal. All other hair removal methods are temporary, while laser hair removal promises an almost permanent hair-free life. We say almost because, after your initial eight sessions, you will still have to get maintenance sessions here and there, once a year or every few years.
Laser Hair Removal Facts
- It’s not as painful as you think! When the laser zaps the hair pigment, it does hurt a little bit, but nothing worse than waxing. As the technician uses the laser, you are also getting a tube that blows ice cold air at your skin to minimize pain, heat and discomfort.
- You have to be patient because, after your first treatment, it takes about 2 weeks for the hairs to begin shedding and for you to see a difference. It also takes about 8 sessions for full results.
- You have to shave and trim before your laser treatment to make sure the burnt hair doesn’t burn your skin as it collapses, and to avoid that burnt-hair smell.
- You have to avoid the sun after your treatment, because your skin will be extra sensitive.
- You have to avoid the gym for a minimum of 24 hours after your laser treatment to stop heat and sweat from causing breakouts or bumps.
- You will need to use plenty of sunscreen on your layered areas before going outside if your skin will be exposed.
- If you are getting laser on your face, you need to avoid retinol, vitamin e products, chemical peels and other products your laser technician can warn you about.
- Forget about plucking, tweezing or waxing hair in between treatments. You will need to let the hair grow naturally, and shave it right before your treatment.
- Forget about ingrown hairs. The benefit to no more hair growth, means no more ingrown hairs.
- Although hair reduction can take place with up to 90%, maintenance treatments are required as hormones are constantly changing within our bodies. This may only happen in certain areas, so don’t worry. It may be more common in women following pregnancy as their hormones drastically change.
- It’s best to avoid doing laser hair removal Vancouver on the face. Although it’s usually fine, zapping fuzz can actually have the opposite effect and trigger more growth – this is common in women with hormonal conditions or PCOS. Speak to your laser technician if you wish to do laser on your face.
Get in touch with us if you wish to invest in laser hair removal and schedule a consultation to learn more. The friendly, accommodating and expertly trained team of technicians at our laser hair removal clinic Vancouver can’t wait to meet you and help you get started on your journey to smooth skin.